Thursday, July 24, 2014

Top Rank Signs 'Yes, Indeed' Reed!


   (Photo by Juan Marshall)

What has been rumored for a few weeks is now official -- undefeated Waldorf, MD junior welterweight and 2013 Beltway Boxing Rookie of the Year Mike "Yes, Indeed" Reed has signed a promotional contract with Top Rank Promotions.

Reed (10-0, six KO's) had what amounted to an audition for Top Rank in his last outing when he won a six-round unanimous decision over Alberto Morales on June 14 in Atlantic City, NJ.

In a press release, the 21-year-old Reed said, “I am delighted to sign with Top Rank. They’ve been successful for a long time, and have promoted the biggest names in boxing, from Muhammad Ali to Manny Pacquiao. I am excited to have the same opportunities as the legends that came before me. Top Rank clearly has an understanding of how to market their fighters and they know how to build pay-per-view superstars. Team Reed is looking forward to having a long, successful relationship with one of the most prestigious promotional companies in boxing."

Reed continued, "This is a huge opportunity for me, and I will continue to work hard. I have the right people on my team and now add the security of a powerful, promotional company to help me reach my goal of winning multiple world titles. I’m grateful to everyone that has played a part in helping me reach this level, but I’m just getting started. I’m looking forward to representing the elite class of fighters from the DMV and the Beltway region.”

Top Rank Vice President Carl Moretti speaks very highly of Reed and his abilities.

"He has a solid amateur background and his hand speed travels faster than bad news," Moretti told Rafael. "He's only 21 and has a terrific following from the D.C. area. We look forward to building him and eventually having him featured in TV fights in Washington, D.C., which is a great fight town."

1 comment:

Juan Marshall said...

It was just a matter of time before the Beltway Boxing community would see that Mike Reed would be part of one of the two top promotions in the sport of boxing. Top Rack has HBO to showcase their fighters, and Mike Reed will be viewed on HBO in the near future. He's that good!