Thursday, September 04, 2014

Taylor, Broner Get Heated At Final Press Conference!




(Photo courtesy of Showtime/Golden Boy Promotions)

Things got a little testy between Emanuel Taylor and Adrien Broner during their final press conference today in Cincinnati before their contest Saturday at US Bank Arena.

Broner even put his hands around Taylor's throat while playing to the media in attendance.

Both men made final quotes.

Emanuel Taylor: “This fight can change my life. That’s how important it is. For the record, Broner – you’re not knocking me out. I’m not going to let a 135-pound fighter who’s been fighting midgets his whole career knock me out. It’s not happening. You say you’re going to knock me out? Don’t get tired trying to knock me out because that’s your (expletive). I’m not going to let anyone disrespect me. He’s all talk. I don’t really do much talking, but I have to stand up for myself and go back at him. I’m going to do what I have to do. He was saying, ‘I’m going to beat your (expletive), I’m going to beat your (expletive).’ Let me see it. Do it. This happens in boxing. Fighters get heated, words get exchanged. I’m definitely motivated to knock him out. He’s a slouch. I’m going to get in there and give him an (expletive) whooping. I’m going to do this in his hometown of Cincinnati. You’ll see.”

Adrien Broner: “I really don’t know how to say it. I could say it in English, I could say it in Bronish – I’m just going to kick your (expletive). You know you’re not going to win. He’s not coming to win; he’s just coming to not get stopped. I’m going to stop this guy. He’s shaking right now. He already knows what’s up.


“This isn’t a joke. There should be three winners on Saturday: two ABs (Adrien Broner and Andre Berto) and then my next opponent, Lucas Matthysse. That’s what’s happening. He knows what he’s in for. Everybody knows what they’re in for when they fight a guy like me. But, at the end of the day, I’m going to be victorious. He didn’t get under my skin, but he invaded my space. I’m a man and you have to respect me. I’ve been motivated to knock him out since this fight was announced. I’m at home, this is my homecoming. This is what I do at home.”

The 12-round contest will be the main event of the Showtime tripleheader that begins at 9:30 PM ET.

No comments: