Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Malik Hawkins Signs With Greg Cohen Promotions!


Undefeated Baltimore, MD welterweight Malik "Iceman" Hawkins has signed a promotional agreement with Greg Cohen Promotions of New York.

Hawkins (5-0, four KO's) is coming off a four-round unanimous decision victory over Jose Valderrama on December 12th at Coppermine Du Burns Arena in Baltimore.

The former amateur standout says he is excited to join the GCP family which includes such names as former world champions Zab Judah and Austin Trout.

"I would like to thank GCP and Snappers Boxing Management for coming to terms for my boxing career," said Hawkins. "I look forward to becoming WORLD champion under the banner of GCP. This is a great day for boxing and to be a part of a great promotional company. GCP is phenomenal. This is my time. I know I'm young in the game, but I refuse to be derailed from my goals of being world champion. I also would like to thank Sarah Fina for acknowledging my talent, as well as my mentor, Mr. Roy Jones Jr. Thanks everyone and I will see you at the top!"

"Malik is one of the most highly coveted prospects in all of boxing and I'm ecstatic he's decided to work with GCP," said Greg Cohen of Greg Cohen Promotions. "I need to thank my Head of Operations, Sarah Fina, for all her hard work in making this happen. We intend to keep Malik busy and get him the right fights to help him become the world champion he is destined to be."

There is talk that Hawkins will make an appearance on a ShoBox card in February.